Springtime for Helghan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Springtime for Helghan

The forum of the best clan ever

You are not connected. Please login or register

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:00 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

This topic is for deciding the callouts we will use on the Frozen Dam map (which will be the only map available in the multiplayer demo.)

Callouts are the names of locations, for purpose of communication.

We will add new locations piece by piece.

Over time we might add "hot spots", which are common camping or proximity mine spots.

Directions:

White side: (This side points to the ocean. The ISA base is on this side. Think "white" as in the ice at the shore, or "white" as in ISA.)

Black side: (This side points towards the hig base. )

Blue side: If you are standing with your back to the ocean, then the Blue side is on your left. The ISA base sort of concentrates on the Blue side for the most part...so think of "blue" as ISA's secondary color.

Red side: This is the opposite of Blue side. Thing of "Red" as the hig's secondary color. The hig base is actually more on the red side on Frozen Dams. But, it at the "black" end.

3-Bridge

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P11004ede

This area is at the center of Guerrilla Warfare mode, and it is on the ISA side of the map during Warzone.

There are 3 Bridges, two sides, and two staircases going down to a spawn area.

The three bridges are High-Bridge, Middle Bridge, and Main Bridge (the one just to the right that goes out of the picture.)

We are going to call the Ocean the White Side.
Right side of the area pictured is 3-Bridge Blue Side. The left side is 3-Bridge Red Side.

Finally, there are stairs that are difficult to see in this picture. 3-Bridge Red Stairs is on the red side (you can see the ends of the rails, going under the Main Bridge, and the 3-Bridge Blue Stairs is on the blue side.

Last edited by tangoliber on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:08 am; edited 4 times in total

2Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:08 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Blast Room

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P11004wrw

This is called the Blast Room because in Warzone, there is a SD Objective here, and in the Operations, there is a door you have to blast through.

The defining feature of this room is the metallic ramp made out of debris. You can use the ramp to run and jump up to the second level.

In this room, you can be shot at from the second level (where the ramp leads up to.)

The 1st floor is Blast Room Under and the 2nd floor hallways that overlooks it is Blast Room Over.

The stairway you see is the Blast Room Stairs

Last edited by tangoliber on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total

3Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Senauer

Tango, I see from the 3-bridge picture that the radar is showing North on the opposite direction you are facing, i.e., opposite to where the ocean is (please correct me if I am wrong). Since you stated that we were to consider North as the direction were we would face the ocean, this means that the pointed callouts are the contrary to the locations shown in the radar (I hope I've been able to explain it right! Wink). Is this done on purpose? Maybe to confuse somehow the enemy if they get to listen to our chattering?

4Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 pm

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Ah, thank you for pointing that out.

I didn't notice that there was a North on the radar.

I'm debating over whether we should use North, South, East, West,

Or left , right

Or some other way?

It might be easier to use a wholly new concept. Like Blue side and Red side.

I don't believe that enemies can hear our chatter this time. Proximity chat seems to have been removed. (Also, in KZ2, we usually muted our opponents so that they couldn't hear us, and so we could talk freely.)

5Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 pm

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

I just changed East side to Blue side, and West side to Red side, as well as added a White side and Black side. I added an explanation about the sides in the first post.

I think it would be better to not use terms like left, right, east west, because people will get confused.

6Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:05 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Snow Room

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100434

The Snow Room connects to the Blast Room. There are two exits to the outside (one to the shore, and one to the corner of the shore and the 3-Bridge Red Side.

There is a stair case (which you can't see in this picture) and an SD objective location.

Last edited by tangoliber on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:15 pm

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Snow Stairs

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100426

The Snow Stairs go up from the Snow Room (1st floor) to the Office (2nd floor) (which I will show in the next post.)

People love to place proximity mines on these stairs.

8Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Office

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100424

This room is above the Snow Room, connected by the Snow Stairs.

You can also access the 3-Bridge Hi-Bridge from this room.

9Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Long Hall

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100428

Sorry, you can't see all the way down this hall in the picture. This hall connects to the office. One of the blast points in the first stage of Operations is located in this hall. There is also the point in the hallway where you can shoot down into the Blast Room, which we are calling Blast Room Over.

Short Hall

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100430

The Long Hall turns into this short hall. (On the Red side of the Short Hall, (just past where it connects to the Long Hall) there are the Short Hall Stairs.)

Short Hall Stairs

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100429

These stairs connect the end of the Short Hall to the Wheel Room.

Wheel Room

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100440

The Wheel Room connects to the Blast Room, and the Short Hall Stairs, (as well as the next section of the map which I haven't gotten to naming yet.)

I thought about calling it the storage room, but decided on wheel room because it has that spool/wheel thing in the middle. So, it shouldn't be too hard to remember.

10Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:59 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

SPAWN POINTS

I should have done this in the first post, but here are the most important three names to remember: The spawnpoints.

There may be more than 3 spawn points in the demo version, as Guerilla said that they would be adding more. This only refers to the 3 points available in the beta.
Guerrilla has given them names like A, B, etc, but I am ignoring those because I have no idea if the names will be changed or not.

3-Bridge Spawn

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100422

This spawn point is located under the 3-Bridge Main Bridge.

Beach Spawn

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100433

The Beach Spawn area connects to the 3-Bridge Red Side, and also has two different stair cases leading into the Snow Room.

Blue Tower Spawn

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100451

I will get into the naming of Blue Tower later. The Blue Tower Spawn is on the bottom level of Blue Tower. It connects into what I will call the 3-Pipe Field or just 3-Pipe.

Spawns are the most locations to learn, so memorize them first. Control Squad leaders will tell his squadmates which spawns to defend/capture...and Objective Squad tacticians will tell their squad which spawn locations the enemy has captured so that they know which direction to defend against.

11Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Eprim

Eprim
Founder(Admin)
Founder(Admin)

This'll help!

https://4hig.forummotion.com

12Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:05 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Here are the rest of the areas included in Guerrilla Warfare mode. In the posts after this, I will do the Helghast side of the map which is blocked off during GW (And which includes the Blue Tower Spawn).

Lookout Room

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100418

In Operations, this room is a capturable spawn. In Warzone it is part of the ISA base.

The 3-Bridge Hi-Bridge connects this room to the Office.

You can go down from here using the Lookout Stairs, or the Ice Field Stairs.

Barracks

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100417

In Warzone, this is part of the ISA base.

You can only reach it from the Lookout or from the Barracks Stairs.

The Barracks Stairs can be seen in the picture, and connect it to the Box Room.

Lookout Stairs
Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100436

These connect the Office to the Box Room
About half-way up the stairs you can go right into the Lookout Under Room using the Lookout Under Stairs, which connects to the Ice Field area.

Box Room

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P11004sts

The Box Room connects to the 3-Bridge Main Bridge, to the Box Room Stairs, and to the Barrack Stairs, and to the Ice Field Hall.

Barrack Stairs and Ice Field Hall
Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100438
Pictured to the left are the Barrack Stairs and the corridor on the right is the Ice Field Hall.

Box Room Stairs
Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100439

This leads up the Long Bridge Blue Room

Long Bridge

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100431

The Long Bridge is a CH zone. It looks out onto the 3-Pipe Field
On the Blue side of the Long Bridge is a room called the Long Bridge Blue Room. On the Red side, there is the Long Bridge Red Room. The Long Bridge Red Room connects to the Short Hall. The Long Bridge Blue Room connects to the Box Room Stairs.
In GW, both of these rooms are closed off from the 3-Pipe Field. However, in Warzone, they connect to the sides of it.

Ice Field

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100419

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100420

These two pictures are of the Ice Field. It connects to the Ice Field Hall, the Lookout Room Under and Lookout Room Under Stairs, the Ice Field Stairs, and the 3-Bridge Blue Side.

If you want to specify the extreme end of the area where it meets the water, you can say Ice Field Beach. (But there won't be too much action around here, I'm guessing.)

There is also a path that connects from the Ice Field Beach to the 3-Bridge Spawn. (not pictured.) It goes under the higher portion of the Ice Field. We can call that the Ice Tunnel.

That is all of the locations used in Guerilla Warfare. I know it is probably hard to remember all of these, especially if you haven't run around on the maps yourself yet. But once we learn them it will hopefully make strategy discussion easier for the next year or two.
Next I will work on the Helghast side of the map. Very Happy

13Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

3-Pipe Field

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100463

Just one picture today, but it cover a lot. 3-Pipe Field is the big open center of Frozen Dam. You can see two pipes in the field, and there is a one more to the right that is covered in the snow from this view.

The lower part of 3-Pipe Field connects to the 3-Bridge Spawn. The general lower region is called 3-Pipe Low.

The higher region is 3-Pipe High.

To be more specific, you can refer to the individual pipes. On the Blue side is Blue Pipe, in the middle is Middle Pipe, and on the Red side is Red Pipe.

Behind the Pipes you see the 3 Towers. That region is called 3-Tower. The one of the left/ blue side/ is Blue Tower. The middle one is Middle Tower and the one on the right is Red Tower.

The sides of 3-Pipe Field connect to Long Bridge Blue Room, the Wheel Room, Long Bridge Red Room (actually it connects to a side building on the second level, but you can jump down or shoot into the field. It also connects into other areas that I will go over later.

14Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:57 pm

Senauer

tangoliber wrote:

The Snow Stairs go up from the Snow Room (1st floor) to the Office (2nd floor)

Reviewing the post previous to the one I've just quoted, you mention a "Snow Hall". Are this "Snow Hall" and the quoted "Snow Room" the same? If so, maybe we should stick to call it [b]Snow Room[b] just for clarification purposes (you seem to call it this way later on), as in other post you mention a "Short Hall" which in the radio chatter could sound quite similar to "Snow Hall" and perhaps lead to some confusion.

15Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:10 pm

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Thanks, I will change it to Snow Room.

16Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 pm

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

The Workshop is on the Red side of the base, not far from the HGH base. It has two levels.

Workshop Under

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100443

The bottom level is called Workshop Under. There is a car in the middle of the room, and a ramp that leads out into 3-Pipe Field.

Workshop Over

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100444

Workshop Over is the 2nd level of the Workshop. One of the SR delivery points is here. There is also a Workshop Control Room which you can see as the little room in the center of the picture. The Workshop Control Room is a CH zone for Operations mode.
The stairs that lead up from Workshop Under into the Workshop Control Room are the Workshop Stairs.

17Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:25 am

Snapping_Hello

Snapping_Hello
Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Good job and effort making this. Will definitely be useful if everyone learns this.

18Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Thanks. I know there are a lot of locations to remember... It is a big map, but I think that once you run through the map yourself and then go through the pictures, it should hopefully all make sense.

I've got all the pictures taken for the other map included into the first Beta as well, and will do those sometime before the final release.

19Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:59 am

Senauer

Agree, Snap! Outstanding job defining the callouts and showing the pictures, T. If you need some help when posting or arranging the locations for other maps, just whistle!

20Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:36 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Yea, I definitely appreciate any help. Pictures, diagrams, etc. are always helpful. Other people can do other maps once the game is released.

One thing I hope to get is a good overhead maps that are big enough to add text and symbols to.
Usually the ones provided by Guerilla are too cluttered. With KZ2 I did some of them myself, but they weren't very detailed.

I still have several locations left on this map, btw. I may get to them in a few hours.

21Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:13 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Star Hub

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100442

This little hallway connects the Long Bridge Red Room to Workshop Under and Worshop Over. The stairs going up split into two paths. You can also look out over 3-Pipe Field here, and there is an outdoor walk way that goes along the side of the Workshop.

I'm calling it the Star Hub because there are seriously like 5 or 6 directions you can go from this little point.

Operation Spawn

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100445

This is on the other side of the Workshop. It is a capturable spawn point in Operations mode, but not in Warzone. Its one possible spot for an engineer turret as it can shoot down into the field and also take out airbots.

Open Room

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100464

This Open Room is on the black side of Operation Spawn. It's called the Open Room because there is a gap in the ceiling (as well as one on the Blue side leading into 3-Pipe Field.)
It has 3 levels.
Bottom level is Open Room Under. Middle Level is Open Room Over. The top level, which is actually on the roof, is called Open Room Top.

Here is Open Room Top.

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100466

There is a mound of snow that you can use to run up from Open Room Under to Open Room Over.

There is some wreckage you can use to run up from Open Room Over to Open Room Top.

On the red side of the Open Room is the Double Stairs Room, accessible from the Open Room Under and Open Room Over.

Double Stairs Room

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100465

There is actually 3 "Stairs" in this room, but one is actually a ramp made out of wreckage. (Behind the camera.)

The stairs lead up to the HGH base. Actually, I think there is a HGH base turret at the end of the hall.

However, in Operations mode this it is part of the objective. The stairs lead up to a Control Room, which also leads out to Open Room Top, and down to the walkway that goes alongside the building.
I don't have a picture, because it is part of the base, and Botzone doesn't let me play as a hig. It is only important for Operations mode anyway.

Last edited by tangoliber on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 am; edited 2 times in total

22Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:22 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

Ok, now we are skipping across 3-Pipe Field to the Blue Side.

I'm standing in 3-Pipe Field, looking at a door which leads into a building that runs along the Blue edge of the map.

Through the door is the Ammo Room.

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100447

There is an ammo crate in there and then Ammo Stairs leading further into the building.

Window Room

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100448

The Ammo Stairs lead to this Window Room. It is a capture zone in CH. You can exit by jumping through that window, or going down the stairs, or by taking a third exit which is behind the camera.

Running up the stairs and jumping out the window is generally a safer way to get to the 3-Tower area when there are airbots and people covering the field.

Taking the 3rd exit behind the camera will lead you to the Pipe Room.

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100449

Named because of the pipes in the room, of course.
I doubt there will be much action in this room. During the last stage of operations, the HGH spawn here.
It connects to the 3-Tower area.

I think I explained before, that the 3-Tower area consists of one Blue Tower on the Blue side (the Blue Tower Spawn is on the bottom level, an SD objective for Operations mode is halfway up the ramps, and the second level is just a bridge.

The Middle Tower is where the SD objectives are in Warzone.

The Red Tower has an SD objective for Operations mode, and has a similar structure to the Blue Tower.

The Red and Blue towers can be accessed from the 3-Pipe field.

In-between each tower is an open space connecting them. To refer to those spaces, we can say Blue Tower Blue Side, Middle Tower Blue Side, Middle Tower Red Side, and Red Tower Red Side.

This is Middle Tower Blue Side.

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100452

You can actually reach this spot from the field by jumping over the fence on the right side, where the snow comes up high.

Here is a picture of The Jump
Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100461

You just run up that right side and hop over. Very useful for Operations, as in the early days, most players will only be defending the main entrances.

Middle Tower Under
Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100453

The first level of Middle Tower. During Operations, there is a capturable spawn point.

There are three staircases inside this room, and there are four outside of the tower. All of them lead to Middle Tower Over.

Two stair cases have SD objectives on them in Warzone.

The one on the blue side is Blue Bomb Stairs.

The one on the red side is Red Bomb Stairs.

Blue Bomb Stairs

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100454

Red Bomb Stairs looks the same...just reversed.

The other staircase in the room leads up to the Cockpit, a sort of sub-room inbetween Over and Under. It sort of looks like a cockpit with the way the windows are.

So, I will call them Cockpit Stairs

You can see the stairs in the Middle Tower Under picture, but I don't have the picture of the room. The stairs keep going up to Middle Tower Over.

Middle Tower Over (with my back to the Cockpit)
Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100456

Middle Tower Red Side

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100457

I'm standing on stairs that lead to the Red Bomb Stairs. Across from me are stairs that lead into the Cockpit.

Red Tower Under

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100458

Red Tower Red Side

Frozen Dam Callouts Topic P1100459

This area also connects to the HGH base, and there is a long stair case that goes down into 3-Pipe Field, which you can see pictured here. We can call it the Long Stairs.

OK, that is all of the locations (aside from some rooms in the HGH base, which I don't have pictures of.)

23Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:10 am

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

OK, I think I got rid of all the "unnamed" rooms.

So for now we can
1) Suggest name changes for rooms that are hard to remember or easy to mishear.
2) Suggest names for common camping spots (such as the corner of the office, or behind the table in the office) that people will use.

24Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Empty Re: Frozen Dam Callouts Topic Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:06 pm

tangoliber

Founder(Moderator)
Founder(Moderator)

The room near the Hig base that has the toilet is going to he called the Dog House.

The stairs leading up to it is the Dog Stairs.

And the rest of the walkway that goes outside of the Workshop and Open Room is called the Dog Walk.

Thanks to Senauer for these. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]